Friday, September 19, 2008

underwear bag


In New York, if you don't own a washer and drier....you have your laundry 'done'. I was initially opposed to this, because, honestly, I like doing my laundry and laundromats are kinda interesting. Plus, it's a little weird to have someone else washing and folding my clothes. My plan was to do it myself every other time...drop it off, then do it myself, drop it off, do it myself. Well, on a do-it-myself-day, four or five hours and 857 quarters later, I was totally annoyed. Our laundromat is not a "sit down and watch novellas while kids run around and shriek" laundromat. It's more like a "everyone has their laundry 'done' so all of the machines but one are being used by the laundromaters and you need to go home and come back each time you need to switch the load".

So the upside of this is that when we pick up our laundry, the super nice laundromaters have separated our clothes by gender - which is very convenient. But the best part is that they fold all of my underwear into perfect little squares and stick it in a tiny plastic bag.

2 comments: